Welcome to Wilderness Animal Hospital!
To our valued clients,
We want to assure you of our commitment to keeping our hospital open and providing excellent care for your pets. Given the evolving circumstances with COVID-19, we are taking extra precautions to help ensure a safe and healthy environment for our clients, their pets, and our hospital staff.
Effective immediately, we are implementing the following safety protocols in accordance with CDC guidelines for social distancing to decrease the risk of exposure:
- It is essential that anyone displaying symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, cough, or shortness of breath) or who has traveled internationally in the last 14 days to please reschedule your appointment for a later date.
- Utilize curbside service. Please call our main line when you arrive in the parking lot and we will come to you to get your pet for the exam. For your convenience, we will take information regarding history and concerns over the phone at the time of your arrival. We will continue to communicate via phone or text regarding treatment and/or results.
- End of Life appointments – we will escort you and your loved one directly into the exam room.
- Emergencies will be assessed immediately upon arrival. Please call ahead, if at all possible, so we know to expect you.
For your convenience, we also have TeleVet, which enables our medical staff to help assess your pet virtually. We connect via TeleVet to talk with you as well as have the ability to share photos and/or video. You can sign up at https://www.gettelevet.com. We are happy to assist you with setting up your account.
We also encourage you to use our on-line pharmacy for home delivery – see the Home Delivery button on our website. Food and prescriptions for your pet, shipped directly to your home.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we do our best to help keep you and your pets safe and healthy.
– Dr. Laurie Wieringa and the Wilderness Animal Hospital Staff
Wilderness Animal Hospital is a full-service veterinary hospital providing care for your dogs, cats, birds, reptiles and pocket pets. We are a four doctor practice open for your convenience Monday through Friday, 7:30am to 7:00pm and Saturday, 8:00am to 5:00pm.
We provide services for every stage of your pet's life keeping them happy and healthy. We offer preventative medicine, geriatric-senior care, disease and emergency treatment, internal medicine, dentistry, and surgery. Our hospital has an in-house laboratory, in-house pharmacy, surgical and treatment suite, digital radiology, state of the art dental equipment including radiology, and ultrasound. It is our commitment to provide quality veterinary care throughout the life of your pet.
Visit our online store - we offer food and prescriptions including Revolution, Advantix, Deramaxx, Rimadyl, Hill's Science Diet Pet Foods, Purina Pet Foods, and Royal Canin Pet Foods. Simplify your life and have it delivered!
Our Doctors and support staff are proud to be Fear Free Certified